06/29/2015 | NEWS UPDATES
NBAA RELEASES NEW NOISE ABATEMENT GUIDELINES
BY AIRPORT PIO
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today released its much-anticipated and updated Noise Abatement Program (NAP), which provides business aviation operators, as well as airport authorities, with recommended guidelines for reducing aircraft noise impacts to communities surrounding the nation’s airports. The safe, standardized and straightforward operating procedures were developed for today’s business jet aircraft, which are quieter, climb faster and often operate at airports that are far more congested than when the NAP was first launched in 1967.
To lean more and to download the new guidelines, CLICK HERE.
06/22/2015 | NEWS UPDATES
ONE PHASE DOWN, FOUR TO GO
BY AIRPORT PIO
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — As final surface inspections conclude this afternoon, Phase I of the Taxiway A project will conclude, reopening A18 - A15. Phase II will begin sometime tomorrow morning, June 23. As a reminder, Phase II includes:
- TEMPORARY TAXIWAY A closure from south of A10 to North of A15 (A15 will be open)
- Presence of low-profile barricades
- Ongoing construction activities
- Two NIGHTTIME closures of RWY 17l/35R to tie in electrical services
- No compass rose availability during this phase
You can see PHASE TWO in PDF by CLICKING HERE.
- Please check NOTAMs and ATIS frequently.
- Listen closely to ATCT, and expect unusual taxi instructions.
- Watch for people and equipment.
- Please be patient and alert.
- Report all safety concerns to Airport Operations at 303-877-7307.
For more detailed project updates, please click on the CONSTRUCTION tab above and then select Taxiway A Updates. You may also follow us on Twitter @FlyCentennial and use the hashtag #APAConstruction.
02/07/2015 |AIRPORT OPERATIONS
OPPOSITE DIRECTION OPERATIONS SUSPENDED
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Until further notice, opposite direction operations (ODO) are suspended at Centennial Airport (APA). This action was taken to to reduce traffic conflicts. The only authorized execptions to this policy are MEDEVAC/LIFEGUARD and emergency operations that require them. For questions or further information, please contact Ted Michalakes, Support Specialist at Centennial ATCT at 720-873-2774.